Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Week 7 Reading Diary B: Back to Ayodhya

As Rama and Sita fly away on Pushpaka the chariot. On their way back to Ayodhya Rama describes to Sita all of the things he experienced while coming to find her. He tells her that he let snakes crawl all over him because he could not think of anything else but her. To me this really shows how much Sita means to Rama.

When they landed in Kishkindhya we really see how happy everyone is that Rama beat Ravana. I think this is a special moment in the book, because it truly shows that everyone was worried, but now they are excited.

It still surprised me when I read that Rama sent Sita away after hearing the rumors going around about her. It is also weird to me that it is after 10,000 years that he finally hears these rumors and decides to act on them. Pg. 192

When Lakshamana is telling Sita that Rama told him to leave her there he calls Rama a coward. This was very surprising to me, because he admires Rama very much. Pg. 194

I really liked when the book had the two boys Lava and Kusa talking to Rama. This was the first time we were really able to “hear” their voices when reading this book. I know that they were telling the stories the whole time, but we forget about that as we are reading. It was nice to see the interaction between Rama and his sons, even though they did not know that he was their father. It was also a special moment when Rama realized that they were his sons and sent Lakshmana to get Sita. Pg.407

(Lava and Kusa. Source: Wikipedia)

No comments:

Post a Comment