Sunday, February 15, 2015

Week 5: Famous Last Words

For this week I believe that my best writing was done in the Storybook Introduction. I know this was written in week 4, but I spent this week revising it. For this post I spent a lot of time researching about each of my characters to create a different personality for them. It was exciting to pick who my ‘therapist’ would be for my Storybook, I ended up picking Ganesh. For the Introduction I tried to write using more dialogue, which was actually really hard to do. I also had more than two characters, which was the amount I have usually used in my posts this far. It was a difficult, but fun challenge to try. I believe this new style was a success.

(Large Ganesh Statue. Image Source: Wikipedia)

I really enjoyed reading some of my fellow students work this past week. I truly believe that there is some great talent in this class! I was reading through some of the posts and Allison took the story of the Himalayas and Vindhya and turned it into a story about a blanket fort! I thought that it was an awesome story! I think she did a great job of taking the story and making it truly her own, which is something I continue to struggle to do. This was a very interesting story to read and it made it more realistic and understandable to this day and age. She did awesome!

This past week was a pretty good week. My other classes have been going well. I just need to keep up with them and try to stay ahead as best I can. This week I have been really focused on filling out all of my study abroad forms to finalize everything so I can be ready to leave in May. It’s a very stressful, but also very exciting event!


When I was writing my storybook post I used a lot of dialogue. I realized that I did not know a lot of words to use in the place of ‘he said’ or ‘she said.’ So naturally I Googled it and found this website that gives you tons of words to use instead. You should definitely check it out by clicking here.

1 comment:

  1. Your image of Ganesha caught my eye, and I've already commented on your introduction, so I had to see what this post had in store! I must visit your storybook this week for comments. I chose Ganesha as the main character of my storybook, and I would love to read another take on his character especially as a therapist. I am trying to incorporate dialouge in my stories more, it's not my strong suite, but unfortunaltly the link you wanted to add isn't in the post! If you ever have time, and can put the link in, I would LOVE to check out that website!

    ReplyDelete