Monday, February 23, 2015

Week 6: Famous Last Words

For this past week I believe that I did my best writing in my Storybook post. I spent a lot of the week writing this post in order to get it as perfect as I could! I had to do a lot of research, because the vahanas are not necessarily mentioned that much in the books. I have thoroughly enjoyed doing the research thus far. I did struggle to get into the groove to write this post though, because I could just not focus. I had to just put in my earphones and blast some music.

These storybook posts are really taking a lot of time for me because I have been using a lot of dialogue, which is very hard for me for some reason. I have enjoyed working on it though. I have also struggled with putting these stories into my storytelling style, but I’m getting there, I am happy that we can keep editing it throughout the weeks.

I plan on sticking to this style because it is the style that I picked to write my storybook in. I am happy that I am sticking with it because it will hopefully give me time to master it by the time I am done with this project.

(Hearts. Source: Pixaby)

This weekend I attended an event called Red Dress Gala. It is the Philanthropic even for my sorority, in which we wear red dresses and sell tickets to the event to raise money. Red Dress Gala helps to raise money to donate to the American Heart Association, and women’s heart health. This event is always one that I enjoy attending because we get raise money for something very important, and my parents came to the event. Heart disease is currently the number one killer of women, killing 1 in 3 women, so I am proud to be in a sorority that helps to raise awareness and money for research.


Overall it was a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment