Sunday, February 8, 2015

Week 4: Famous Last Words

This week in class I feel as though I really struggled with writing my storybook post. I do feel as though it was my best writing in the class this week, but it could have been better. I struggled with making it my own story, instead of just writing what I read in the book. I also felt as though I did not give the scene the justice that it deserves when describing it in the post. I tried to be more descriptive in this storytelling post, but it is something that I will have to keep working on.

This week I felt as though Marielle wrote a great story! I really have enjoyed reading her different storytelling posts. I feel as though she takes scenes from the book and really brings them to life. I think she is a great writer, and I strive to one-day write something like her. I am not very good at setting a scene and describing the different characters, but I believe she does this very well. If you get a chance you should read some of her stories!

My other classes are going well. I had my first quiz in one of them and it was harder than I thought it would be. Now I know I will have to keep up with all the reading involved. This class continues to have the most work, and I have not gotten ahead in it, but I still plan to find time to do that. I do enjoy the writing though, so it makes it worth it.


This weekend my roommates and I decided we would take a break from college life and go hiking. It was such a good decision, and I’m pretty sure that a lot of people had the same idea this weekend. We went to Turner Falls and hiked for about 4 hours. It was a great stress reliever! If you get a chance it is just an hour-long drive down I35 South!

(Hiking at Turner Falls. Picture taken by strangers)

No comments:

Post a Comment