Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Writing Review Week

Writing so far in this class has been a very interesting experience for me. I love to read, but have never really been much of a writer. I have enjoyed learning how to push my imagination and to try new types of writing that we are not asked to use in normal academic writing. It is challenging for me but also very rewarding in the end.

I believe my greatest writing success in this class has been my Storybook. I have spent a significant amount of time researching, planning and writing the stories for my storybook. I also enjoy writing these posts the most because I can really just make the story my own.

Some writing goals I have for myself are to just really focus on my grammar and sentence structure. This is something that I struggle with every time and I would like to work on this more as we move forward. Another goal I have set for myself is to just try out some new storytelling styles. I tend to just stick with a few characters if I am using dialogue and I would like to move away from that.

The feedback I am receiving is really helping me to improve my stories. It helps me notice the things that I would not have seen myself. Sometimes when you read something so many times you no longer see the mistakes in it, and other’s feedback helps with this problem. I really like having the feedback of Laura and the other students because it helps me take my stories to a new level that it wasn’t at before.

(Ganesh. Image Source: Flickr)



I picked the picture of Ganesh because it is one of my favorite pictures that I have used so far in this class. It is also the picture on the front page of my website. Ganesh is an integral part of my Storybook so I thought I would use his picture for this post.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah!

    A lot of what you wrote about, mirrors what I have been feeling throughout the semester. I have never been much of a writer in the past, and I can say that the reading aspect of this class is what I enjoy more. Like you have said, my storybook is my favorite thing to work on in this class. We invest so much time into it that it's hard not to feel a little proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah,
    I have definitely enjoyed all of the stories that we have red about so far in this class. I think that for second part of the semester would be to fix and perfect sentence structure as well. Sometimes all it takes is to slow down and to go back over my work after it’s done. I want my stories this next half of my semester to definitely flow more smoothly. Good luck this next half of the semester.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! You, Sarah, are my opposite! I love writing, but I am sorry to say that it takes a lot of time for me to get used to reading. It just feels so slow and that I could be doing so much more. At least if I am watching TV I can do other things and listen, you can't do that with a book. I am happy to hear that you are pleased with the hard work you have been putting into your storybook. I never really knew how much effort went into it until you said that. I look forward to reading it next week!

    ReplyDelete