Sunday, March 22, 2015

Week 9: Famous Last Words

I can’t believe that spring break actually over! I felt like it took forever to get here and flew by in the blink of an eye. I have so much stuff to do this week that I am very stressed out, but I had a fantastic break and I don’t really want to get back to school yet.

I guess I can tell you all about my fantastic but crazy break! My family and I went to Costa Rica! It was a crazy experience though. We were flying out on Friday from DFW to San Jose and when we arrived at the airport we checked our bags, made it though security, got some coffee, and then realized our tickets were booked to San Jose California… Man was that a sad situation. I felt so bad for my dad who had worked so hard to plan this vacation and such a simple mistake changed it. But no worries 45 minutes later, some airlines miles, and we were booked on a flight the next morning the same time to Costa Rica.

We had a hotel in the middle of the jungle, which was absolutely beautiful. We were right by an active volcano, which I thought would be very scary, but was actually fantastic! The weather was awesome too. We spent every day doing some sort of fantastic adventure, from zip lining over the rainforest canopy to riding horses to waterfalls. It was a dream come true. If you ever get a chance to go there you should and you should head to the rainforest!

(View of the Rainforest and Volcano from our room. Photo Credit: My father.)

Before I left for spring break I went and saw the speech by Gandhi’s grandson! It was great! He gave us some great advice on how to handle things non-violently. I think it was the perfect speech to go to after some of the stuff that has happened on campus. I am glad I got the chance to go see him speak.

3 comments:

  1. I can vouch for you on how fast break seemed to fly by. I'm sitting here finishing up Week 9's assignments, so I can also relate to how stressed you may be. I myself am not ready to return to campus tomorrow and start the whole process once again. At least we are that much closer to summer!

    I couldn't imagine the headache it must have been to find out your tickets were heading towards an unplanned destination, but I am so happy that it worked out for you and your family in the end! The photo your dad took is absolutely breathtaking, and I may have to visit Costa Rica some day in the future! One thing that I noticed in your post is that the picture kind of sticks out of the boundaries. Also, I do not know if this was intentional, but it seems that the text below the picture caption is not the same as the text in the beginning (in regards to the size of font). Good luck with the rest of the semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah,

    that picture is absolutely BREATHTAKING! I cannot believe that was the view from your hotel room! What an amazing vacation that must have been. Costa Rica is such a lush and beautiful place, but even knowing that I would never be able to imagine that picture. How incredible the darkness of the sky above the volcano contrasts with the brightness of the sun. I love it! I am glad you got to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous about Costa Rica! I have never been and I can only imagine how amazing the land is. Wow. What a breath-taking view! Definitely a post-card photo. It is so green! I bet it was humid. I am so happy you had a fun spring break with your family. Zip lining is one of my favorite things to do!

    ReplyDelete