Monday, March 9, 2015

Week 8: Famous Last Words

This week I believe my best writing was in my storybook post. I have spent a ton of time researching my characters in order to develop their personalities into what I believe they would be like. I am really enjoying spending time on this and making it the best that it can possibly be. I am still editing it, so it is not absolutely finished, but I believe you can never edit too much. I think that we can always find something to fix in our work.

For this assignment I did not experiment with a new style because I have been using the same style for my other storybook posts. I did try to include more of my characters in my dialogue though, because this is a critique that I have received from a few people so far. I believe I still need to do a little more of this though.

My other classes are going well! I am just in a lull right now, the week before this was super busy, and now I have some down time. I don’t know if other people are struggling with their motivation right now, but I sure am. I am just ready for spring break.

(Waterfall in Costa Rica. Source: DeviantArt.)

For spring break my family and I are going to Costa Rica. I have never been here before, but I have always wanted to. I love the jungle and all wildlife, so I am very excited! My family hasn’t had a “family vacation” in a long time. My brother graduated from college 2 years ago and it has been hard getting everyone together while he has a ‘big boy job.’


On a side note, I gave up sweets for Lent this year, and it is probably one of the hardest things I have given up during a Lent. My roommate also did it so it’s nice to have some support, but our other roommate thinks it’s funny to bake cakes and buy candy… But that’s why we love her!   

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sarah!
    I was excited to read this post from you to see how you've been! I'm so jealous that you are going to Costa Rica and hope that you have a fun and safe trip! I haven't read your storybook post yet, but I am super excited to read it! I really love your storybook and hope that I have been giving you good feedback when I read it. Have a great spring break!

    ReplyDelete