Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Commenting Review Week 8

Comments have been very useful for me to improve my writing. The comments that I believe are the most helpful to me are when a person is specific about something that they see is messed up. This helps me to realize the types of things that I am missing when reading over my own writing. I also like very broad comments that just say what they felt overall when reading my posts. This helps me to really understand if what I am writing is actually getting through to the other people who are reading them. I like having a mixture of both types of comments.

The comments on my project have been extremely helpful for me. I have had people who give really specific comments on certain things to fix that I have overlooked. Also people have given me feedback on what I should add to my stories to make them better. Both of these have helped me a lot to make my stories the best that they can be.

When I am writing a short comment I like to focus on what I felt when reading the stories. I really like to leave positive comments, because I feel like that gives people motivation to keep trying. Personally when I receive too many corrections it is just overwhelming to me, I like having people add some positive comments.


There are definitely some comments that I have received from others that have helped me to improve my writing throughout the semester. Many people have helped me to grow as a writer.

(Nick Miller from the show New Girl. Source: Spylight Blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment