Thursday, January 15, 2015

My Storybook Favorites

One of my favorite Storybooks that I looked through was TheLaw & Order: Shape Shifters Unit. First off I found that this title caught my eye immediately. When I am visiting home my mom always has this show on (the normal Law & Order). I clicked on this to just to see what it was about, and I wasn’t surprised to find out that I found it very interesting.  I was happy to see how creative the idea was to talk about the different characters while putting them as investigators of crimes. This way it was written definitely made me interested and I wanted to keep reading the different stories. I also like the design of the site itself and found it interesting to look at. It did not look like every other one I looked at.

The second Storybook that immediately caught my attention was called The Royal Girls’ Room. I thought the idea was very funny. It was about a toilet that hears the gossip from all the girl characters. I first looked at this purely because of the title, but soon found out that it was even better than just what it seemed. The story provided a funny yet very real place that people gossip… a bathroom. The writing was light, funny and cute. I liked how the Storyteller took a normal bathroom and kind of made it a whole different world with all the stories.


(Rama and Sita Coronation: Source: Wikipedia)

The last Storybook and my favorite one was VPress.com:Blogging for Bad Guys. First off, I absolutely love this title I think it is hilarious and definitely a creative way of making a storybook. When I read the introduction I knew that I could not just stop there, I was definitely hooked. The blog took some bad people and made a funny joke about it. I enjoyed reading all of the different blogs, and their status updates were hilarious. I loved all the humor included and it kept me laughing and interested the whole time. I would recommend this to everyone to read.

2 comments:

  1. The Royal Girls' Room looked very interesting! I like how they took the comical idea of girls gossiping and implemented it into a story of how the toilet listens to those stories and has a world of gossip all around it. It ended up being pretty comical as they title suggested. The layout of the storybook added a lot of character into the overall theme of the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For my extra credit blog post this week I decided to look at your storybook favorites post and specifically the Law and Order storybook because my roommate wrote it and I think it's a fantastic storybook. I love the general design of the cover page and how it mimics the show Law and Order so that there's no confusion that that is truly what kind of stories she will tell and not just a coincidence. I also loved the introduction and the stories.

    ReplyDelete